So I thought this might be a good way for me to be aware of what I have, because I know there’s some stuff I can still get rid of that I’m not aware of.
I am currently letting my hair process to a new color (using eSalon, LOVE them) and thought I’d go through my drawers and closet and post what I have. So without further adieu…
- 17-ish pairs of socks. Black and white. All Hanes. A few might be in the washer.
- 12 pairs of underwear, all the same brand from Amazon.
- 6 pairs of bootie socks. I wear flats almost exclusively throughout the summer months.
- 12 tank tops. I wear them underneath everything.
- 3 pairs of tights for dresser in the fall. All Merona brand, my favorite.
- 4 pair of yoga pants.
- 2 sports bras
- 5 long sleeve shirts that I wear around the house.
- 14 graphic t-shirts of varying origin. I struggle here. A lot of them are from my brother-in-law’s store and I love what they say. One from a concert I went to with my parents YEARS ago. And one or two of sentimental origin. How do I pair these down?!?!
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 2 pairs of khakis
- 7 pairs of other pants, black, white red, yellow, etc…
- 12 cardigans or varying color, yellow, mint, red, black…(I do not need 12 cardigans)
- 10 black summer shirts
- 7 blue summer shirts (navy and royal blue)
- 15 long sleeve shirts, utility shirts, button downs
- 12 sweaters, all black except for two which and yellow and teal and I love the fit of them.
- One vest
- 11 fall dresses, I can bare to get rid of a few of these
- Two spring dresses
- One high waisted skirt
- One bathing suit
- One cover up
- Three scarves, one black, one gray, and one gray and white chevron
- Two zip up hoodies, used for the gym or cold days at home
- 2 pairs of flats
- One pair of rain boots
- One pair of sandals
- One pair of kitten heels
- One little black dress for weddings, funerals, etc
- Three pairs of fall/winter boots.
- One pair of beach flip flops
So to me, I still have too much stuff.
I don’t need 12 sweaters, I wear about 5 of them. I don’t need all those extra pants, but I am not just getting rid of them. I am going to do a wardrobe rehab like I am doing with my makeup rehab. I am going to rotate my clothes until they wear out, fall apart, or I spill red wine on them and the only thing I intend to keep are 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of khakis and a pair of black pants and a pair of black jeans.
I am pleased with my shoes. I wear all of them regularly and love all of them dearly. Although as they wear out I only intend to replace my Naturalizer flats and my Naturalizer boots and sandals. I wear the kitten heels once a year if that.
I would really love to get rid of some summer tops and some winter tops but I need to figure out what I wear the most and what is most beneficial and economical.
I’m doing this in my bedroom and I’m looking at my perfume and jewelry as well and will need to do an inventory. It’s not until you write it down that you really realize all the stuff you own!